Mold growing in your home in Springfield, MO, not only looks unpleasant, but it also creates many different health problems. If you find mold in your home, it’s better to appoint a professional mold cleanup firm, like ServiceMaster DSI, to take up the task. Today we will investigate the issues that make mold removal necessary and highlight the importance of hiring a professional firm to help with cleanup.
To Grow Mold Requires the Right Temperature, Moisture, and a Nutrient Source
Why is mold cleanup necessary?
There are many reasons why homeowners need to take immediate steps towards mold remediation:
- Mold results in the weakening of walls and floors
- Mold causes structural damage to wood frame homes
- Mold rots wood and discolors drywall
- Mold starts eating furnishings and spoils the way they look and smell
- Mold creates musty odors and causes stains and discoloration
Mold Testing Is Usually Not Necessary; If You Can See or Smell Mold, There is a Mold Problem
Why is it necessary to hire a professional firm for mold removal?
Three Reasons: Use of Advanced Equipment, Knowledge of Proper Techniques, and the Required Experience
Benefit #1: Advanced Equipment
You need to hire a professional firm for mold cleanup because they have the necessary equipment to perform it in the right manner. Some of the advanced equipment they use includes:
- Moisture meters, infrared cameras, and borescopes for moisture detection in the house
- Humidity gauges to measure indoor humidity and temperature
- HVAC system filters to properly filter mold spores
Benefit #2: Knowledge of Different Techniques
Mold remediation technicians have the required knowledge to understand the appropriate method to be used according to the condition of your home and the surface on which the mold is growing. Techniques utilized by remediators consist of:
- Wet vacuuming to remove water from hard surfaces and carpets
- Damp wiping to clean non-porous surfaces
- Dry brushing to remove mold from wooden surfaces
Benefit #3: Required Experience
Professional technicians also have the required experience to judge whether something that looks like mold is actually mold and not something else. For example, rather than mold, it could be:
- A carpet stain that looks like mold
- The painted backside of drywall or wood that resembles mold
- Alkaline crystals appearing on the surface of concrete walls
Should an Ozone Generator Be Used to Fix Mold Problems?
The answer is no, because it irritates lungs and it cannot effectively solve the mold problem.
If you suspect that mold is growing in your home, you should hire a firm for mold removal. ServiceMaster DSI is one such firm that you can rely on for professional mold cleanup in your home.
Our technicians are certified, experienced, and have the special equipment and cleaning products necessary to perform mold cleanup per stringent industry standards. We will also ensure that the issue causing the mold problem is examined and fixed so that the mold problem does not reoccur. Just contact us on our customer support number at (417) 895-9685 and our team will reach your home in Springfield, MO, to check the severity of the problem and start mold remediation immediately.