Are you prepared if a pipe freezes in your home this winter?
The winters in Springfield, Missouri are usually well below freezing with the January average being approximately 22 degrees. These freezing temperatures can lead to serious risks for the your home and the contents inside. ServiceMaster DSI is available around the clock to help restore your home suffers from frozen pipes and they burst.
A sudden pipe burst can cause a lot of damage to your home. Between the water mitigation, demolition, and possible construction it can also be a lengthy process.You also risk damaging or losing the contents inside your home. Fortunately ServiceMaster DSI has a few helpful tips to help minimize the damages if a pipe freezes and bursts in your home.
- The first thing you should try and do is let your pipes breathe a little bit. This can be achieved by turning off the water in your home and opening the faucets to relieve the pressure inside.
- Turn off the electricity! The contents of your home should be a priority but do not put yourself at risk to salvage personal belongings.
- Call the experts at ServiceMaster DSI to help with the leak.
- Reach out to your insurance agent with pictures and information of the incident
- Attempt to remove as much water as you can. If your efforts are not working reach out to professionals like ServiceMaster DSI.
Mold and mildew can pose many dangerous problems for the family and pets in your home. Another possible risk for homeowners is warped flooring that can result in intrusive construction. The ServiceMaster DSI water teams can be trusted to restore your home and peace of mind. We offer full water extraction as part of our water damage restoration services, as well as sanitation and construction to fully restore your living space.
Give ServiceMaster DSI a call today with any questions or concerns about frozen pipes.We can be reached at (417) 895-9685 or by filling out a Service Request Form online.