We all lead busy lives. If we’re not dealing with children who need love and care, we’re dealing with troublesome bosses or large bills. We all know we need to take care of our home, work, and ourselves if we want everyone to be happy, but it can be challenging, especially when it comes to fire safety. How are we supposed to stay on top of everything and avoid the need for fire damage restoration when there is so much to focus on during the day? Do we really have to worry about house fires, or are they actually fairly rare? Are house fires really that common in Ozark, MO? Fires can happen to anyone anywhere, and we hope the following information will help you avoid a fire in your home as well as the need for fire damage restoration.
Use Caution in the Kitchen
When you’re cooking a meal on the stove, make sure flammable items, including wrappers and paper towels, are not near the hot surface. Don’t leave a pot on the stove and run off to do errands, especially if you have other people or pets in the house. Don’t wear loose clothing when you cook— you never know if you will brush up against something you shouldn’t. These cautions will help you avoid the need to call a fire damage restoration company that will also have to perform smoke removal.
Use Appliances Wisely
Appliances can cause fires, so make sure you use them wisely. For example, make sure the lint trap in your dryer is emptied frequently. Don’t drape wet clothes over a heater. If you’re not sure something is a fire hazard, then consult an expert.
Check Electrical Wiring
Electrical wiring can fray or fall apart after use. Replace older wires or get rid of the item to be safe. When in doubt, throw it out.
Call ServiceMaster DSI of Ozark, MO, for reliable fire damage restoration assistance that keeps your satisfaction at the forefront. For immediate assistance, contact us at (417) 895-9685.